Wednesday, January 18, 2017

Dr. Christopher's 3 Day Cleanse

I live to write about it! In fact as I write I am on my 3rd cleanse.

The instructions are all over the internet or you can get a copy of the 3 Day Cleanse book which I found great to have on hand as there's a lot of really good information in the booklet.
Herbs First  and The Herb Shop are just a few places to go for the book and herbs.

The following is an outline of a few things that went on as a newbie.

My first apple juice cleanse:

Day1~
  • Some pains under right rib 
  • In flight to the lady's room every time I drink anything -Details omitted
  • Slight headache increasing toward evening to a bad one - it left when I remained perfectly still, so I was able to go to sleep.
  • Towards evening a growing thunderstorm in my belly
  • Completely missed my period
Day 2~
  • Lost 4lbs- yik! a lot of junk.
  • Color of BMs turning yellow and very loose (sorry , but I thought this was notable enough to mention)
  • Felt very tired and heavy
  • Rested as often as I could
  • Started aching in my upper thigh and hip muscles
Day 3~
  • The pain and discomfort in my hips and thigh muscles was almost unbearable! It kept me from sleeping. The only thing that gave me relief was some Tiger Balm...Sen Sei would have been nice but I didn't have any. The Epson salt soak felt nice and probably did me good but as soon as I cooled off the pain was right back...some good detoxing going on I suppose.
  • Thunderstorm in belly continues.
  • Headaches not so bad
  • Not a lot of energy - I did loose quite a bit of sleep from the aches and pains.

Day 4 and after ~
  • Lost 6 lbs of accumulation of water and junk
  • First meal was 1 apple, 3 dried figs, and soaked almonds chopped together. Yummy (this has become a staple)
  • Every day making an effort to eat right and keep up the herbal routine. Didn't do so hot...
  • The pain in my lower trunk continued for 3 more days after the cleanse.
  • A lighter feeling
The second cleanse I did was with apple juice as well, but I used distilled water. Distilled water is a hungry water and I imagine ideal for pulling to it all toxins, mucus, and other collections of crud out of the system. Come on clean lymph!

There was no pain whatsoever in this round. But the thunderstorms in my belly began to feel and sound like hurricanes! I got a clue after a while to take 2 of the Lower Bowel formula and the storm was gone in less than a half hour!

I gained most of the weight back and my ankles swelled worse every day sometimes even before noon. I'm certain that it was all water.

I wonder tho: I  started, stopped, started and completely stopped my cycle in the matter of 3 days. Going to change the cleanse date further from my cycle. Not sure why this happens. This cleanse is actually high in calories, so it's not like I'm starving myself.


The third cleanse (starting today) I'm trying out the carrot juice. I really thought it would be disgusting but so far it's really pleasant. Clean and fresh tasting - "chewing" my juice like a good girl. It looks like I'll need to juice 10 to 15lbs of carrots to get a gallon of juice per day. Whoa, this is going to get expensive...

I do feel so in control about the cleansing project, a little proud of myself, and this time I have a buddy! Christian decided to join me. He's using apple juice. Poor guy had to work today, but when he gets back I plan on helping him with a salt scrub and a castor oil fomentation.

I have been on the extended (Lower Bowel, Liver, Kidney, and Red Clover formulas) part of the cleanse for about 2 months now. I have committed to the mucusless diet (don't call me a vegan tho!), and making slow progress - dairy and eggs seemed easy enough to let go of then suddenly sugar and bread became a problem!! Well, I'll admit I have been struggling with energy (not sleeping well and tired, I tend to do that) and too many hormonal days - enter Hormonal Changeas!

 So, here I'm now noticing a few important things:
  1. I never thought I would be able to eliminate 3x a day, and most of the time I do! In fact I am cutting down, very slowly, on how much LB I was taking. This is great news!
  2. Where the swelling in my legs was getting worse it's now improving greatly.
  3. I'm able to increase my cayenne intake to 1/2 tsp 2x a day...big step for me - working on that 3rd dose.
  4. Still keeping away from coffee!
  5. My weight has been dropping the last few days with out fasting. Is this a trend or fluke? 
So that about covers it for the cleansing at this point. I feel like a nap anyhow.




No comments:

Post a Comment

All quality and constructive thoughts will be published