Tuesday, October 18, 2016

I'm A Student!

A student enrolled in the School of Natural Healing!

A new deal for me and at first very frightening! I've never taken any courses before that were tested! I was home schooled and, well, I did get my GED - don't scoff at that! But that was when I was young and before coffee.

So, what do I think.
 I have a few thoughts bouncing around in my head as I study on my Family Herbal course.

I have to say I am not convinced about the mucusless diet...heresy? Well, how can I say that when I haven't tried it! I am very happy about the encouragement and emphasis on a good clean, even vegetarian diet. I totally agree on so many aspects of the diet...you know, I think I shouldn't give my opinion until I've given it a go. Which by the way was supposed to be this week and my heart just wasn't into the 3 day fast yet. Not with ripe avocados and arugula needing to be chewed and savored. I'll wait until all my favs are put away...

My other thoughts? Some of the notions of disease causes are hard for me to wrap my head around. Is it because it is an old book? Why would I put more trust in more modern methods, except discoveries and studies are being made all the time. Would I find a few pits in every cherry pie I choose? Oh, gosh I can't imaging taking a collage course.

Besides a few pauses I absolutely love the herbal formulas and find them completely understandable. I've ordered a pile of herbs seeds to do my own harvesting. I'm enjoying the first book, "Herbal Home Health Care". I'm really excited to dig into the "Herbs to the Rescue" book. I purchased many other books that are being used in these master herbalist courses. I'll be able to get into them later either on my own or actually as a master herbalist student! I'll just see where this takes me.

So thankful for this time in my life. Comfortable, secure, in plenty. No wretched longing or resentment. No sadness and betrayal...just to mention a few blocked emotions recently released. I tell you I have never felt so content in my life. I worked so hard to be where I am now...and how futile my struggle was to get here, how every path "I " choose was the hard one! I actually can't say I got myself here at all, because the beat it all, storm it all, tear it all away girl was paddling up stream the whole way. When did I let go and take the current? I guess the wind needed to get knocked out of me. I kind of got discouraged the other day, " What do I want?", to Christian, " The angry, get it done, raging Me? Or the peaceful, smiling, tired alot, living in pigpen Me..." You know which one he was happy to be living with! That actually made me feel better.

Cool thing is: I actually can pursue a life long dream, or at least take that first hesitant step toward becoming a Master Herbalist. My children are part of my this, my husband is part of it, I'm not struggling or striving...

I say all this with complete awareness that tomorrow all could change...
I'm just so grateful for what I was able to see, learn, feel, enjoy, eat, love today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All quality and constructive thoughts will be published