Tuesday, September 27, 2016

Schools For Natural Healing

I am so excited about the possibilities of taking those courses on herbal mastery! I actually looked up a few other schools and found one I actually liked better: Trinity School of Natural Health.

Master Herbalist

Trinity School of Natural Health                                                                


Cost: $1600 if paid in full PLUS books which come to about $270.

Time: 1 year course - you have 2 years to complete

Curriculum: Books only. Self taught program - in other words there isn't a program. You read the book and take an online exam (open book), one for each book/course. There are 13 courses.

Pros:
Cost
Time
Course material is just what I wanted:
Aromatherapy and Kinesiology are on the list

Cons:
No study guides or assignments. What are we paying for? The exams?


Dr. Christopher's School of Natural Healing:

Cost: $5,125 online some books may be needed

Time: 3 years and 3 months

Curriculum: taught level by level. Books and study guides, DVDs, lectures and online testing. There are 22 courses. Very in depth covering topics and assignments.

Pros:
Very thorough
Study guides
Course material

Cons:
Time - I don't want to commit to 4 years
Money - While the cost isn't bad in my eyes for that much schooling, it still isn't feasible for me.
Curriculum- Lectures, DVDs, many of the courses are made up of only lectures. This sounds painful!
And then there is this Master Herbalist Certification Seminar... No, not feasible for  this time in my life.

Think this is bad? You should have seen me last night in Menards choosing a vacuum cleaner. I had the 2 in question dissected and spread all over the floor of the isle. I picked one, first choice...
ooooh is that a clue?

My thoughts now are to take Dr. Chris Family Herbalist (the $200 3 month course) and get a feel for the whole shebang and go from there. Thought #2 is to purchase books from the Trinity School and do them completely on my own...I would love to have a plaque for my efforts though, so sad, I still don't understand why it's $1600 and no study guides! I was completely willing to fork it over! Was.
So disappointing!

Update 10/6/16: Now add Genesis School of Natural Healing 
Time suits, same $ as Trinity, assignments and study groups, client profiles(!) Homework stuff...now maybe there's something to put your $$$$$ to. Anyhow, the book list pulls in Dr. Christopher's stuff. 
SOLD...but I'll wait, I need to graduate my two oldest babes and get some more family members with driver's licenses!

No comments:

Post a Comment

All quality and constructive thoughts will be published