Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Slowing Down

Ok Ok Ok, it's not my style. As if potato chips and tortilla chips are.

I just really have trouble being slow. #1 reason why I forget the deep breathing and remember the rebounder. I find my self going thru my "relaxing" routine like a speed addict. Don't get me wrong I love my "Super 8". I love my bullet proof coffee, too, and I guzzle my allotment down like I want it to be over...but I don't.

I've been doing a bit of thinking since I've last posted. #1 thought is how annoying I am. Seriously, I blaze thru one thought and grab up 3 others in the wake. With great expectations and loud exclamations of "I found the answer!" I proceed to fail at them all.

NoNoNoNo! Surly I've gathered some wisdom in the fall! I tell you what, though, writing about the mess that flutters about in my brain sure makes me more aware of how flippy I am.

I should change the title of my blog. It certainly has a different direction than I set out to write about. Seems like I left my children in the ditch and fending for their own health as I mutter incessantly about myself. They're alive and well in case you were worried. They keep up with me.

An update (you're dreading this, too?):

I'm sticking with The Prime. If you really cared you'd have fainted and I would assure you that I am, and have committed myself to even buying the book, as I'm sure the library would like to share it with other sad people like myself. I have lost ONE MORE POUND...sigh. I might just waste away to nothing at this rate.

But here is what I have been thinking (mature thoughts, very stable - now that I just had a birthday and must act my age):
Slow.
That's what I've been thinking.
In the process of being slow, I can breathe, Pray and listen for that still small voice. I can wait and expect my healing. I can allow myself to be healed.
Maybe this seems simple but for all the bad habits of impulsive erratic behavior I've actually prided myself in, it is very hard for me. This running from one promise to be thin to another has left me nothing but fat and overwhelmed.
Of course, I have had a few weeks to sort this out, taking my time to commit. Go slow, take each phase slowly maybe longer than necessary just to insure that I am NOT going to have to go back and look at this problem ever again!

 I indulged in 2 cups of bullet Proof coffee this afternoon. It was a farewell gulp. I think if rocket fuel could be cupped it would be Bullet Proof coffee.
This, my friends, does not fit in a world of slow i n g  d o w n.

Next week I am to start phase 2 of The Prime. It feels good, bloating is down to a minimum, swelling is down considerably except when I eat chips (then I get really weary -emotionally and physically, and swell up like a puffer fish). That makes sense as one of the hardest things for me to pass up is salty chips or fries! Sugar hasn't had a bad effect -that I know of - HA! And neither is it a problem for me to say no! I am still getting serious headaches every now and then, still puzzling that one out - bread?

Go slow. I believe the God wants me to be in good health. I believe that real healing, unless miraculous happens over time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All quality and constructive thoughts will be published