Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Lymph Detox

Revelation or Wild Goose chase?

Last night when I went to bed my heart was so low. I could tell my weight loss thoughts were getting out of balance. I can tell when I get to a point of being afraid of food and over analyzing every aspect of my day around food I'm tipping. You can't blame me for freaking out - I had a 7lb weight gain during the day! I've been weighting my self in the evening (ok ok ok impending signs of obsession - please bear with me I am my own living experiment) - usually it is only a 2 or 3 lb gain during the day's eating and activity (exercising- another freaky topic).

What did I do? I went over the food sins committed yesterday with Christian.
"I drank 2 cups of coffee in the afternoon...and", I fessed up: "2 drops of grapefruit oil in some ice water." Needless to say the lecture came. He loves me, what can I say. Anyhow as we were chatting and looking up stuff on line (stuff - nonsense and/or potentially life changing information found from biased and  disreputable resources) I mentioned that in the back of my mind I keep looking at sluggish lymph systems (I even considered having a massage done once or trying to do it myself after watching a video on the technique - so I promise this is not a new thought) and wondering.

Signs of a slow or sluggish lymphatic system:

Cellulite (tons - ever since I can remember my legs)
Obesity (yep-blushing, struggled with being heavy allll my life))
Allergies (hay fever ever since I can remember)
constipation (on and off all my life)
water retention (ever since I can remember I've measured my day by how fat/slim my ankles are)
puffy eyes (a new issue that started up about a month ago)
sinus issues (especially when I drink milk or get around foreign dust)
circulation - spider veins and varicose (loads of them started when I was 17)
Itchy skin - (I accused boiling myself in the shower and hormones but I have some places that drive me nuts at times)

Are just a few I found...and the ones - in fact every trouble I have is listed!
Is this an answer to prayer?
In the process of our reading we ran across a list of things to try for 10 days:

Drink hot water every 15 minutes (yaaack! )
Rebounding (jumping on small trampoline- I had to ask)
Dry brushing (I had that out already just didn't get serious)
Alternating hot and cold while showering (90 seconds at a time, oh my)
Deep Breathing (I've already had books on hold on the topic! saddly I am a shallow breather)
Keep moving - stretching,  15 - 30 min. brisk walk (I've been doing this)
Herbal teas that effect lymph system (easy can do!)
and of course the obvious ones concerning whole food and leaving off sugary drinks (working on that too)

On my last library haul I brought home The Prime (yeah, another diet book). It is very interesting and got me reading thru the whole book. There is quite a bit in there about the lymph and detoxing!
 I am not into the logistics of Indian religion but I found the health body types (doshas) of Ayurveda medicine very amusing and true for our family. Anyhow the author mentions what she calls fake fat. Being true to my dosha (Pitta) I am full of it: fluid retention. I always agonized over my metabolism but I'm turning my eye toward the lymphatic system. Let's see what 10 days of working and cleaning it up does. I'm feeling more encouraged by the minute.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All quality and constructive thoughts will be published